Wednesday, June 2, 2010

MISSING IN BDAY ACTION

Sorry I've been MIA lately. I've had a busy week.

Sunday I bartended for a friend's boat party and, as always, it was a amazing time, but pouring drinks for 5 hours NON-STOP left me exhausted.

Then yesterday (Tuesday) was my birthday, so you know how that goes. No time to blog.

However, I did want to brag about my bookalicious goodies.

First off, the precious Sara McClung sent me HEX HALL and a gift card for Borders.
So, yesterday I started my day at Borders drinking a yummy frozen coffee (on Sara) and picking out two new purchases. It's like my writing pal was right there celebrating with me (in spirit) when they swiped that gift card and I walked out with THE BOOK THIEF and ELSEWHERE. Oh, AND she sent me cute cupcake undies. (See Sara, you send me that kind of gift and I WILL announce it to the world with pride.)

Then, the soon-to-be-a-best-seller Elana Johnson sent me THE ADORATION OF JENNA FOX and a B&N gift card AND PB girl scout cookies. (Okay, so I actually won this stuff in her fabulous contest BUT it all arrived on my actual bday so to me it's the same as a bday gift. Thanks Elana!)

Then, my brother sent me a $35 gift card for Amazon. And I've heard they sell things other than books on Amazon, but I'm pretty sure it's just a myth so you know that money will be spent on books. I'm thinking I'll pre-order my copy of MOCKINGJAY and CLOCKWORK ANGEL and NEVERMORE.

Then, my roomie got me a bottle of my fav wine (because wine goes great with reading--and writing) and some more chocolate, and a cupcake gift card to Tar-jay (aka Target). Notice how the cupcake gift card matches the panties. Mmm hmm, I like to be coordinated!

AND...yes, there's more. Tomorrow I'm heading out to Orlando to visit my parents and celebrate, so I'm thinking I'll be getting another book or two since books made up the majority of my bday list.

Then, this weekend I'm meeting the awesome Megan Rebekah at SCBWI Orlando, so that will be more writerly love and fun.

Not too shabby, eh? I promise I'm going to try to catch up on blog visiting in the next few days. Please excuse my slackerishness. I blame it on the birthday.

34 comments:

  1. Happy Belated B-Day!

    Not too shabby at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Birthday! What a celebration! I loved Hex Hall my favorite book of the year thus far!! I loved it, it was so great! I'm loving the dessert underwear, that's too fun!

    Have fun in Orlando!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude girl--you have some awesome swag and friends! (and LOL on the cupcake undies) So glad you had a nice day and got some awesome presents. Let me know how Hex Hall is. I still haven't had a chance to read that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's a great bunch of gifts. Also *ahem*

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAREN!

    I'm late. But from the sounds of it, it was happy nonetheless :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Karen! You know I've been following you for a couple of months now and I have to say everytime I read one of your posts, you just make me smile--your up-beat personality just shines through. What stopped me in my tracks with your blog, was your header and title-very cool!! Anyway love your writing style! You got great birthday gifts, nice friends. What more do we need? Oh yeah I'd like to get published! Have Fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Belated Birthday. Sweet that your prizes arrived when they did. Timing is everything, I always say ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What, no modeling of the, um... the, ah... the... *cough* ... Oh, never mind.

    Happy birthday (belated), good lady!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sah-weet birthday! Hex Hall is one of my new favoritest books, so I know you'll love it. Have a great time in Orlando:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. hehehe. we now have matching undies...

    Happy happy--I think you should celebrate ALL week. OH. Or celebrate all June as Karedise!! (I celebrate the entire month of September as Saradise)

    ReplyDelete
  10. A belated happy birthday from me! June birthdays are awesome. I should know, I have one. Gemini power!

    It's great that you got so many gifts and have been enjoying yourself. A definite excuse not to be blogging.

    I hope you have a great time in Orlando.♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my, I am so jealous. What a fabulous birthday!! Yay for books! Yay for goodies! Yay for superstar friends!!!

    P.S. Please tell me you'll come to SCBWI LA!! If I promise you a pair of underwear, will you come?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well happy late birthday! Sounds super! So jealous of the girl scout cookies. . . . And maybe a little more so of the conference. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy After Birthday!

    The cupcake undies are funny for so many reasons!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday!

    I just finished The Book Thief--so good. Enjoy your books and wine!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Belated Birthday!

    Those are some awesome wins. I have THE BOOK THIEF on my TBR pile, and am looking forward to it. Hope you'll like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You drank a yummy frozen coffee on Sara? And no pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Woo-hoo, a very happy birthday to you! I'm glad to hear it is just that and you got awesome giftees.

    ReplyDelete
  18. happy b-day and thats a good haul of super stuff!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cupcake undies? Those ought to brighten up cupcake days.

    Happy Birthday again, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Birthday!!! I'd use belated...but that makes it sound like your dead...so Happy Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sounds like a great birthday!! Hope it continues!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my goodness. LOL!!! Talk about an awesome birthday for an awesome woman. :-) Thanks for sharing all your gifts so we can DROOL. :-)
    Have a wonderful time in Orlando and tell Megan I said hey!

    ReplyDelete
  23. A fellow Gemini, eh? I might have known. ;-)

    Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy Birthday Karen.
    What awesome birthday presents you've got - you've got great friends. You should do a review on Hex Hall because I want to know how it is (even though you don't do reviews.)
    Have fun at the writers conference.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy Belated Birthday...and Holy Cow! You've had a some good things happen. :) Megan R is one of my new critique group buddies...Have fun with her!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy birthday! It looks like you scored a pretty great load of goodies. I've been a little MIA myself lately. I'm glad your b-day was so wonderful! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy Birthday, you lucky cupcake! I'd say enjoy yourself but you obviously are already. Keep on with the keeping on! Have a great rest of the Birthday season ;)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Happy belated Birthday, Karen!!! Sounds like you had a fabulous time! Enjoy your new books and goodies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Paaaaaarrrrty!!!! Awesome fun and Happy Birtday. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Happy, Happy Birthday!!! With all the cupcake gifts, did you actually get to enjoy eating one? I hope so!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Happy Birthday, looks like you had wicked fun at the book store, what a great birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Belated birthday wishes, Karen. Hope the year ahead is truly magical. xx

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

GRASPING AT ETERNITY SOUNDTRACK


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Blog Archive

Write. Read. Imagine. Create. Learn. Love. Live. Repeat.