Monday, June 7, 2010

HEX HALL/DISNEY CONTEST WINNERS!

The grand prize winner of a magical Disney gift AND a brand new copy of HEX HALL by Rachel Hawkins is...

Commenter #12: Rachel Hawkins!

*throws magical confetti and pixie dust!*

Wait. The author won? No. That can't be right. I read my mom's notes wrong.
(But how cool is it that Rachel stopped by to comment?)

Okay, so, the real winner is...

First, I want you all to know that my mother had a VERY difficult time choosing just one winner. So much so that she bought several of the magical Disney gifts to give to some of her favorites. If we had won the Powerball Sat night she was going to buy EVERY ONE a prize. But we didn't win, so she had to limit the number of winners.

So, the grand prize winner is...

Oh! And she was very impressed and super happy that so many people commented. She read and reread and reread again. It was amusing to watch her process. Many times she said, "Aww, that one is so sweet," or "Aww, that person should win something." At one point I think she had twenty winners written down and I had to remind her that unlike Sophie in HEX HALL, we could not make prizes appear out of thin air.

She changed her mind quite a few times, but in the end she finally decided the grand prize winner is...

Courtney Barr - The Southern Princess


The thing that won over my mom was that Courtney "gets it." She acknowledges Disney is more than cartoons and memorabilia. She understands the magic behind it all, and that's always been a big belief in our family. Plus, my mom thought her beautiful writing showed in her comment. She even went to her blog to see what other kind of stuff she writes and was very impressed. Courtney, you have a new biggest fan.

My mom also chose a few people to receive Magical Mentions.

As I said, she loved so many stories and comments but she had to narrow it down. These people will receive a magical Disney trinket, so please email me your address so we can mail out your gift. The Magical Mentions are (in no particular order):

Summer
Melissa
Candyland
Mireyah Wolfe
Cynthia Reese

And, while Mom didn't think HEX HALL was Simon's type of book, or that he'd like the Disney trinket, she was impressed by his poem, so...
Simon C. Larter, you also earned a Magical Mention, and if and when you are ever at Disney my mom will give me money to meet up with you and buy you two alcoholic drinks of your choice.

*Note: Sorry, but winners will not receive the pictured Disney Vinylmations. I chose them from my mom's collection to represent each winner.*

Congrats to all the winners and thank you to everyone who participated!

42 comments:

  1. Congrats to all the winners. Courtney is da bomb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Courtney! And to the others!
    And thank you so much, Karen and Sandy! This was a very sweet contest! :-) Will email you later...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweetest contest ever! Congratulations to the winners and big thanks to Karen and Sandy for creating so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Courtney! Congratulations all honorable mentions!

    And....what? I can't believe I won an honorable mention! Thank you Sandy! Thank you Karen! I'm sort of in shock right now because I've never won anything in a contest before! I saw my name and had to click on the link four times and close it to make sure it really was my blog.

    THANK YOU!

    You guys are so sweet, and I'm honestly impressed you even narrowed it down at all - I read all the comments and I thought all of them were super sweet.

    But Rachel Hawkins herself stopping by? That's pretty incredible! I think I may have fainted if I were you Karen.

    I'll email you my address!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, winners!! And thanks to Karen and Sandy for such a wonderful contest, great way to share the Disney magic! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for Courtney! (And dude--how did I miss this contest. #Shannonfail) You and your mom are so cute, and I love those little vinylmation Mickeys. *Sighs* Now I want to go to Disneyland. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to everyone!!! I love the little trinkets, how adorable!!! Your mom is fantastic, great job on having her judge the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to all the winners! I know I've been a little MIA recently, but still...how did I miss this?!?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Y'know... I think I like my prize the best. A couple martinis, courtesy of your lovely mother? That's made of win in my book! :D

    'Course, there's the small matter of me actually going to Orlando sometime, but I've been there before for conferences and industry group meetings, so... it's not out of the question. Yay!

    And congrats to Courtney and the other Magical Mentionees!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats to all the winners - yay Courtney!♥ This has been a great contest, especially as it introduced me to the book Hex Hall which I didn't know about before...and wicked awesome that the author stopped by!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations to the winners! I read Hex Hall recently and it was awesome:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Karen! OMG! This is the first chance I have had today to make it over here...my eyes are watering- I am just beyond ecstatic and honored and oh so thrilled!

    Please, please give your mom a huge hug from me and tell her that more than anything I appreciate her understanding my love of Disney.

    This particular contest had me silently crying with every word - it never fails...Disney just does that to me. Thank you again for hosting such an awesome contest, but also for being another person who appreciates the magic & wonder.

    Congrats to all winners! I am honored to be chosen along such great entries. Oh & I am THRILLED to get HEXHALL it has been on my list since before it came out!!! lol so happy! ;o)

    As always a pleasure to stop by!

    PS tell your mom she is welcome over at the Kingdom - any relation/friend of yours is always a member of the Royal Court ;o)

    Visit My Kingdom Anytime

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations, Courtney! And also congrats to all the winners! Your mom is so sweet, Karen. :) I will definitely be reading HEX HALL.

    ReplyDelete
  14. YAY Courtney!!!!!! (((Hugs))) I'll even give you a SQUEE!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. All hail the Princess! *bows low before her* LOL! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrat's to all the winners...and what a cool Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  17. LMAO you are so evil with the interruptions and stuff! Congrats to Courtney!! And YAY me!! *grin* I'll send you my address here shortly! =D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats to the winners!

    And Karen--there's a little something for you over at my place. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yay to all the winners! And I'm so bummed I missed this contest. Grumble, grumble.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats to all the winners! Your mom sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats to all the winners! Everyone needs a little Pixie Dust now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations to the winners! Your Mom sounds adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats to the winners those look edible. :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats to the winners. You and your Mum are wonderful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats to the winners! Enjoy Hex Hall, Courtney - it's a great book!

    ReplyDelete
  26. PS I got my incredible magical mention gift and I *heart* it, and YOU, Mom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congrats to the winners.

    Those vinylmations are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congrats to the winners... and Congrats to you! You've won a blog award!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Congrats to the winners! Fun contest. (=

    ReplyDelete
  30. Awesome. LOL! Love the way you've shared the news in this post.

    ReplyDelete
  31. CONGRATS Courtney!!!! And all the honorable mentions. :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Congrats Courtney, and everyone who got an honorable mention!

    ReplyDelete
  33. supercute! I hate that I missed the contest. Me LOVE Disney. And your blog--great title. I have major createive title-er envy~ ;o) see ya on yalitchat!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Karen. Great blog. I've awarded you with the versatile blogger award. You can come pick it up from my blog. Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi, Karen ... tell you mom I said thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I wana congratulate you for such a wonderful and excellent work keep it up though its awesome

    ReplyDelete
  37. We have cure for your anxiety and pain disorders, shipped at your door step<

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

GRASPING AT ETERNITY SOUNDTRACK


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Blog Archive

Write. Read. Imagine. Create. Learn. Love. Live. Repeat.