Tuesday, November 1, 2011

COOLEST HALLOWEEN EVER

Due to a computer crash this weekend I didn't do anything for Halloween. I was busy uploading programs to my new MacBook Pro. Woot! My incredibly generous and supportive boyfriend bought it for me and said it was "his contribution to my writing career. *tears up* I'm VERY grateful. Like, beyond words grateful.

And then, to add to the amazingness of getting a new computer, my awesome book-loving friend sends me a text of her dressed up as a character from Tangled Tides. I about wet myself. (Pun intended.)

Here she is as Nixie, one of the three sultry sirens in my story...

She needs some shimmering red wings, but other than that her costume is very accurate. (Notice all the males behind her? Even that is appropriate.) The best part was she texted me this, "I figure next year this is gonna be a very popular costume so I was first!"

I had NO idea she was doing this. But what a fun and shocking-in-a-spectacular-way surprise.

I have some seriously amazing and supportive people in my life. I love them to pieces and don't know what I'd do without them.

Did you dress up? Did you see any super cool costumes?
Hope you all had a fantastic Halloween and didn't get seduced by any soul-sucking sirens!

15 comments:

  1. That is so cool!
    You're going to love this. A neighbor brought by her baby for Trick or Treat. She'd made her a miniature mermaid outfit of fabric scales and tail! Cutest ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely friend! I spent Hallowe'en preparing for NaNo. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW. You're already receiving fan tributes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was a Time Lord. No one got it, even though my sweatshirt said "TIME LORD" on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! I would've wet myself, too. ;)

    Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awwwwwwww!!!!! What an AWESOME friend :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't dress up and didn't pay attention to costumes, but yes, she rocks and so does your amazing boyfriend!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is seriously the best thing ever.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, everyone! :)

    Tricia, I already emailed you but HOW CUTE!

    Thea, yay for NaNo! Good luck to you!

    Joshua, I need to see pics of this Time Lord costume.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, there's only one picture, and it's on my post from yesterday. It's more like The Master after his crazy regeneration during specials 3 & 4 that marked the end of David Tennant's reign as The Doctor.

    If you couldn't tell by that, I'm kind of a nerd.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for amazingly generous boyfriends and super-cool besties!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is beyond awesome, your friend ROCKS!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

GRASPING AT ETERNITY SOUNDTRACK


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Blog Archive

Write. Read. Imagine. Create. Learn. Love. Live. Repeat.