She invited me to participate in her Underwater Adventures blog-hop and I just couldn't resist. Swim on over to her blog and sign up for the readathon where you can win great stuff like:
- A Grab Bag from Harper Collins
- Hand Made Bookmarks
- Books of Your Choice dealing with the Water, Fish and more !
To help show my love for books containing mermaids, selkies, sirens, gorgons, or other water themed creatures, I'm giving away a prize pack of my own to one lucky winner. It contains:
- My book, Tangled Tides! (You can choose to have it this winter with the wave of first readers as an eBook, or wait for the printed version when it releases in spring of 2012. If my publisher gives me early copies you'll get one of those. And this is kind of cool IMO, THIS winner will be the first ever winner of my book. It's the first contest ever for TT. Aww. *tears up a little*)
- A treasured mermaid gift. It's kinda small and fragile, but so sparkly and pretty.
- A sea creature themed book of your choice. (I'll order from Amazon and have it shipped to you ASAP.) Choose from some greats like: EVERBLUE by Brenda Pandos, LOST VOICES by Sarah Porter, RIPPLE by Mandy Hubbard, FINS ARE FOREVER or SWEET VENOM by Tera Lynn Childs, SEVEN TEARS INTO THE SEA by Terri Farley, TEMPEST RISING by Tracy Deebs, SIREN or UNDERCURRENT by Tricia Rayburn, or any other book that interests you ($20 limit).
- You must be a follower of my blog.
- Leave a comment telling me you'd like to win and what your favorite underwater creature is. (Real or fictional: Dolphin, turtle, manatee, mermaid, whatever!)
- Visit The Reading Fish and leave a comment (doesn't have to be long or creative) in one of the Underwater Adventure posts. (Yes, I will check!)
If you blog about it you'll get 5 extra entries.
I'll announce the random winner on September 5th!
As always, contest is open to international peeps.
Thanks for splashing by! :)
UPDATE! September 5th! Happy Memorial Day! The winner of my giveaway is... May-Day_Aura!
First giveaway of Tangled Tides!ReplyDelete
Awwww, Tangled Tides is growing up. <3ReplyDelete
heck YEAH sign me up for this!ReplyDelete
Let's see, favorite underwater creature. I'm going to go with Carcharodon megalodon, that's right, megalodon, the most badass shark in prehistory. Ahh, good times.
Also, i left a comment on the most recent blog post on The Reading Fish which was the one posted on the 29th
Sarah, I have to google that one. Bull sharks and tiger sharks make an appearance in my book but the Carcharodon is a new one to me. :)ReplyDelete
AHHH! I want one.ReplyDelete
My favorite underwater creature is a Kraken. I mean they're sort of crazy evil dangerous and all that, but also pretty bad-ass.
I'm off to check out this other blog. Thanks, Karen!
this sounds like the greatest giveaway evar. my favourite creature has got to be the sea turtle, partly because the ickle baby turtles find their way back to the sea all by themselves, and partly because of the film "finding nemo". :)ReplyDelete
Favourite underwater creature... how about narwhal? :) Haha, thanks for the giveaway!ReplyDelete
I'd love a print copy as I don't own an ereader and I'd probably pick Sweet Venom by Tera Lynn Childs. Thanks again!
I'm a GFC follower as sablelexi.ReplyDelete
I would love to read you book, and I think it would be cool to be one of the first to read it. As a zoology major, I obviously have a facination with all the animals. I'm also a fan of mermaids though.
I commented on the kick off post (since it was all that was up)
jlynettes @ hotmail . com
Fave fishiness: Abysmith of Sam Syke's Tome of the Undergates.
Or the Kraken.
This comment has been removed by the author.ReplyDelete
Sign me up! This sounds awesome. Can't wait to read your book, whether I get to in winter or spring!ReplyDelete
Forgot to put my favorite sea creature. D: It'd definitely have to be a mermaid or a siren! Talk about awesome~
By the way, I'm following your blog through e-mail 'cause my google account is evil.ReplyDelete
But anyway, yeah, selkies are my favorite sea creatures because there's just so much yet to be said about them. They're not hugely known yet and I'm excited to see what comes out about them in the future :)ReplyDelete
I'd love to enter/win this contest! Thank you so much for it. My favorite underwater creatures are mermaids, for sure.ReplyDelete
I commented here: http://omgitsfishy.blogspot.com/2011/09/underwater-adventures-kick-off-and.html?showComment=1314948777468#c3350990033354578720
I tweeted here: http://twitter.com/#!/yoursinfallibly/status/109528127352487936
infalliblyyours or Munnaza on GFC.
Thank you so much for the chance to win♥ReplyDelete
I would chose A sea creature themed book of my choice but I´m not sure what book exactly..
oh I forgot!ReplyDelete
I'm loving all these fav creatures. :)ReplyDelete
Thanks for entering, everyone!
Aww, your book's first giveaway! You must be so proud! =) Thanks! I can't wait to read Tangled Tides (either I win or not btw)! I find all underwater mythological creatures fascinating, so I'll go with them as my favorites. But dolphins are pretty cool real-life sea creatures.ReplyDelete
Yes, I follow your blog and I commented @ The Reading Fish blog. I also gain +2 for tweeting about this contest: http://karenamandahooper.blogspot.com/2011/09/underwater-blog-hop.html
I would LOVE to win! My favorite sea creature??? Hmm, for me that's like choosing which kid is my favorite (if, you know, I had kids). Well, mermaids are and will always be my all-time favorite, but another one I like, like an earlier commenter mentioned, is Carcharodon Megalodon. Picture a 60-foot-long great white shark that could swallow an elephant whole. Scary! There's also a series of books about it called MEG by Steve Alten. Karen, if you love sea monster books, you should check them out! :)ReplyDelete
Darn! I went over and left a comment on The Reading Fish and then didn't get back over here that day. If I'm not too late, I soooo want a chance to win Tangled Tides. If I missed this one, you know I'll try again. :)ReplyDelete
Damn you. Just kidding. CONGRATULATIONS (you just scored big-time)!ReplyDelete
Thanks for stopping by my blog and congrats on your book! I marked it as "to read" on Goodreads. :)ReplyDelete
thanks for the sharing i like your blog and theme coloring nice backgroun suprb!!!ReplyDelete
Creat A Logo
Satta king Play BazaarReplyDelete
this is a good site.....it is a great idea to do business with a security company that has 24*7 hours monitoring