Friday, June 12, 2009

GROUNDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

I love my blogging world. I've learned so much from my new Writing World friends and received great support, critique, suggestions, advice etc. However...

I am grounding myself until further notice. No blogging. No Facebook, Twitter, or anything else except my manuscript and dictionary.com.

My MS is going through changes. And I'm beyond frustrated that it's taking me so long to accomplish my goal.

So warm regards to all of you. I will miss you dearly. BUT I am locking myself away for a day or two (or three). My mission...

-Taking out many of my "was" sentences.
-Adding more conflict.
-Cleaning up the new conflict and dialogue I added.
-Researching this whole song quoting/free domain issue. To see if I need to cut my song quotes. (Don't erase that post Tess! I need it to do research.)
-calling Bono if I do need to cut my lyrics because dang it, my U2 quote is such a great moment in my story!
-Yet another round of "is this adverb helping or hurting?"

In the soon to be famous words of River Malone, "Try not to miss me too much!"

Ah that reminds me,
-Develop River's goal and motivation more clearly.

8 comments:

  1. Oh, I totally understand. The pull of the internet is strong, I honestly feel like an addict. Makes it very hard to get anything done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You gotta do what you have to do. :-) Have fun with those revisions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand too. I keep thinking I should do the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. NO problem. I have a four day writing weekend (self imposed) coming up at the end of the month as well. We have to do that from time to time. May the muse be with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i had to do that a few times myself. Though it only usually worked for a few hours at a time...not a few days! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with it, Karen! And hey, you could always take off next week, too, for Unplug Week! ;) That's seven whole days to write your fanny off. Or edit, in your case.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it is a fabulous idea. I hope you get your to do list done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karen, good luck. You know that you can unplug next week, right? I'm doing it, that's for sure. I could think of it as grounding, but then I'd feel bad.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

GRASPING AT ETERNITY SOUNDTRACK


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Blog Archive

Write. Read. Imagine. Create. Learn. Love. Live. Repeat.