Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Writing In The Time of Corona

Like many others, I've been self-isolating at home for nearly three weeks due to this worrisome and surreal COVID-19 crisis. I hope all of you are staying as safe and healthy as possible and looking out for your loved ones and your community.

We've been trying to NOT watch the news 24-7 because, let's face it, it's scary and depressing. We've been playing a fun dominoes game called Spinner, watching our crazy and beloved 90 Day Fiance, Poldark (great for lovers of Downton Abbey and Outlander), and reruns of King of Queens or The Office. Heck, we may even try Tiger King soon but I'll admit, I'm afraid of that too. Ha.

I've been wanting to read and write more, but it's tough to concentrate with this worldwide pandemic happening all around us.

Enter WRITE CLUB.

I volunteered to be a slushpile judge which means I've made a commitment to read submissions for a fabulous writing contest associated with the DFW Writers Conference.

I'm super excited about this because it takes me back to the blissful days of writing and submitting my stories with hopes that someday some of my stories would be published. (Mission accomplished.) Plus, the world needs positivity and happiness right now, so I look forward to giving fellow writers uplifting critique on their submissions. (At least I hope it will be uplifting. I'm going to try my best.)

Want to know more or interested in submitting? You can find all the details here.

First prize is FREE ADMISSION TO THE 2021 DFW CONFERENCE IN DALLAS. $429 value and an experience that cannot be missed! In addition, the winner will also receive a $100 Barnes & Noble gift card.

Sadly, I haven't been making much progress on book 4 of The Kindrily series. I hope to change that soon. Maybe after Tiger King. Ha. Kidding. Sort of. 

May you all stay safe and healthy during these uncertain times. We're all in this together, even while we have to stay apart.  *air hugs*

27 comments:

  1. Ah yes. I entered Write Club some years ago. Got knocked out in the first round.
    What, we're not supposed to talk about Write Club? What can they do, knock me out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The above article is nice and interesting, thank you willing to share! Greetings success of admin Aqur Printing Jakarta wish you deign to visit my website, thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The above article is nice and interesting, thank you willing to share! Greetings success of admin Cetak Murah wish you deign to visit my website, thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i liked your blog so much it is good i want to share some knowlwledge with you i hope you can visit and comment on my website SBI PO mock test IBPS Clerk mock test IBPS PO mock test upcoming bank exams

    ReplyDelete
  5. your blog is unique, i really liked your blog, I want to share some news with you on world news. latestest news. just take some time and check my website as possible as, thank you Home Ministry Union Home Ministry Transactions Transactions of Rajiv Gandhi Rajiv Gandhi Foundation Union Home Ministry

    ReplyDelete
  6. It s a very useful page. Thank you. 81a2897bc9cd71902518d23e544531ce
    karapinar
    yenisarbademli
    dinar
    karakocan
    kose
    incirliova
    usak
    uludere
    mus

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your article, it was very helpful and successful. 0cdcd7101d5e2161dea42ec5b088d75b
    sms onay
    website kurma
    website kurma

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for your explanation, very good content. cd0060e46df80e6ed1d96c3981bdde75
    altın dedektörü

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your article. ba159e7b5c903ba9782e3c9136da0e96
    evde iş imkanı

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

GRASPING AT ETERNITY SOUNDTRACK


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Blog Archive

Write. Read. Imagine. Create. Learn. Love. Live. Repeat.