Friday, February 5, 2010

HAPPY LOVEAPALOOZA!

Love. Ain't it grand?
Since it's almost Valentine's Day I'm holding a LOVEAPALOOZA blog festival, and you're all invited!

I'm giving away some prizes because I reached 200 followers last week, so why not make all the prizes LOVE themed. Because, you know, I have lots of love for my supporters (not followers--supporters.)
Very late at night (EST) on February 14th I will pick 3 random winners to be my blogger valentines. Here are the lovey-dovey giveaways.
1.) Kristin Walker's new YA novel
A MATCH MADE
IN HIGH SCHOOL
When a m andatory course forces Fiona to “try the knot” with super-jock Todd Harding, she’s convinced life could not possibly get any worse. Until moments later, when her long-time crush is paired with her arch-enemy (otherwise known as Todd’s obscenely hot, slightly sadistic girlfriend). But that’s nothing compared to her best friend’s fate – a year with the very shy, very goofy, very big Johnny Mercer.

A series of hilarious pranks and misunderstandings leave Fiona wondering: is there something her supposed “best friend” hasn’t told her? Could there be more to Johnny Mercer than a deep voice and an awesome music collection? And perhaps most intriguing of all, is it possible that Todd Harding could actually have a heart – and a brain – beneath his pretty-boy exterior?

2.) IF...(Questions for the Game of Love)
If you could have anyone in the world say one romantic thing to you, what would it be, and who would utter it? If you had to select the sexiest word in the English language, what would you pick? If you could make love only one day of the year, which day would you choose? If you had to name the most humiliating moment you have had involving a lover, what would you say? If you had to define love in a few simple words - o r actions - how would you do it? These questions and many more are asked in this fun Love edition of the famous thought-provoking IF series.

3.) Titania's Spell Cards for LOVE & SUCCESS
These spell cards are designed to bring a little magic into the user's life. Each box contains 64 cards, each with a magic Wishing Spell to help enhance the user's life. The spells ensure charms and ceremonies that help to find and keep love, success, wealth and happiness.


PLU
S...because the winners will be my VIP valentines, a heart shaped box of yummy chocolates will be included with each prize.


Here's how you can enter to win.

~ Sign up in the Mister Linky box below to show you're rockin' the love during Loveapalooza. (+1 entry)
~ Post a favorite love quote, song lyric, or pick up line in the comments section (cheesy pick up lines DO count. (+2 entries)
~ Share the name of your swoon-worthy crush. Imaginary, celebrity or real life. (+2 entries)
~ If your crush is Reid Rosenthal, Michael Buble', Jason Statham, Channing Tatum, Gale, or Peeta, you get chances taken away because I don't like competition. (-2 entries)
~ Mention Loveapalooza with a link on your blog or website. Be sure to tell me with a comment.(+3 entries)
~ Tweet about Loveapalooza and include this link...
http://tiny.cc/love309
Be sure to put @KindrilyKaren in your tweet so I can see you spreading the love through the Twitterverse. (+3 entries)
PS...I love you, (great movie) BUT you have to be a "supporter" to get entries.

And
because I have so much love for my Australian, British, Canadian, and other non-American friends, I am happy to send the prizes anywhere in the world. Or if you're an international winner you can opt to receive an Amazon gift certificate emailed to you. Your choice.

So, to properly kick off Loveapalooza here is one of my all time favorite love quotes...
"Love is passion, obsession, someone you can't live without. If you don't start with that, what are you going to end up with? Fall head over heels. I say find someone you can love like crazy and who'll love you the same way back. And how do you find him? Forget your head and listen to your heart. I'm not hearing any heart. Run the risk, if you get hurt, you'll come back. Because, the truth is there is no sense living your life without this. To make the journe y and not fall deeply in love - well, you haven't lived a life at all. You have to try. Because if you haven't tried, you haven't lived." ~William Parrish, Meet Joe Black

SHOT DOWN! I originally planned to have everyone post favorite love scenes on 2/14, but then I found out there's a Love at First Sight blogfest going on that day.
Cupid says no blogfest battles allowed, so I'll limit mine to comments and giveaways.

Add your name to the list to be entered for prizes. Happy Loveapalooza!


28 comments:

  1. I LOVE the song "Let it Go" by Blue October. Makes me want to cry.

    Johnny Depp will always be worth drooling over, even when he's 60. Dominic Purcell and Wentworth Miller in Prison Break are way too hot. And McAvoy is beautiful too.

    Yay! You're too fun, Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool, though I think Im already signed up for a Love at First Sight Blogfest that day. Good luck with yours! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome. Checking out those books. They sound interesting.

    "Love is handing someone your heart and saying, 'Please, turn into hamburger, thank you.'"

    I think the true swoon-worthy guy name is Damien. But, I feel a compulsion to add, I once met a swoon worthy guy named Demetrius. Hmm... maybe it's a D thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. eeeks. I'm already signed for Love at First Sight Blogfest, too. :( Well, maybe I can find some way to swing two love snippets in one post. I have to noodle this. Nobody said love was easy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My fave pick up line? "What do you want for breakfast?" It was just too clever.

    Crush: hmm...this is difficult, Edward Norton
    off to tweet and blog. :0)

    So, that is....11 :9)Thanks for the great contest

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite quote from a love song: it's really obscure, from a song called "Lovers in a Dangerous Time" by Barenaked Ladies. "Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight/Gotta kick at the darkness til it bleeds daylight." Not really romantic, but I love that quote and it's about fighting for love :)

    My swoon-worthy crush is Jim Halpert from The Office. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such fun!

    My favourite love quote is: A woman knows the face of the man she loves as a sailor knows the open sea.

    My fave pick-up line is from one of my books. It's simply "You're hot." Totally worked!

    As for a crush...Josh Hartnett. I've been crushing on him since I was 15 and he just gets better with age!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Saturday morning brain= mush. I've been trying to think of a love quote for the last 5 minutes and I've got nothing. The only one I can think of is "Love means never having to say your sorry," but I think that's terrible advice! Love means saying your sorry ALL THE TIME.

    Real life crush: my husband. :)
    Book crush: Probably Captain Wentworth from Jane Austen's Persuasion
    Movie crush: Wesley in The Princess Bride

    And I'll tweet and put some info about it in my blog on Monday.

    This is such a cute contest Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I mentioned this on my blog, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a joiner, I admit. With the exception of the chocolates, none of the prizes would work for me, but I can still stop in and say hi, right? :)

    I'll also give a shout-out to a fellow countryman with the love quote:

    O my Luve's like a red, red rose
    That’s newly sprung in June:
    O my Luve's like the melodie
    That’s sweetly play'd in tune.
    (Robert Burns)

    And, since you asked, and since I probably won't get any competition from you on these, my current crushes are all rock chicks...

    Simone Simons (Epica)
    Cristina Scabbia (Lacuna Coil)
    Charlotte Wessels (Delain)
    Aya Stefanowicz (Unsun)

    Good luck to everyone. And congratulations on the followers milestone, good lady!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The pick-up line that worked on me was: You play MMO's, read fantasy, own your own PS2, AND you love Star Trek and Star Wars?!? Will you marry me?

    Swoon-worthy crush: Pride & Prejudice's Mr. Darcy, as played by Collin Firth. Mmmmm! Darcy! *swoon!*

    I don't Tweet, but I did link your contest on my blog! Share the love! <3

    p.s. You should add Memories by Within Temptation to your Kindrily soundtrack. It makes me think of Nathan and Maryah every time I hear it. =)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhzJO34SCoc

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on the 200 supporters :D We will all be cheering you on and dancing in the streets when your novels are on the shelves!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations, Karen! This looks like a lot of fun, but I won't get involved because I'm not a competitive person. Good luck to everyone who enters! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooo fun!! Congrats on the 200!

    This lyric is from mine and hubs wedding song, Peter Gabriel's "In Your Eyes" - Love this song...

    ...
    all my instincts, they return
    and the grand facade, so soon will burn
    without a noise, without my pride
    I reach out from the inside

    in your eyes
    the light the heat
    in your eyes
    I am complete
    in your eyes
    I see the doorway to a thousand churches
    in your eyes
    the resolution of all the fruitless searches
    in your eyes
    ...

    Crush- Ewan McGregor!

    I tweeted it too ;o)

    That was fun, thanks :o) Good Luck Everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  15. GREAT CONTEST!!

    Okay:
    Favorite LOVE Quote (I have so many I had to any-meeny-miney-moe it!): +2
    Love has no desire but to fulfill itself. To melt and be like a running brook that sings its melody to the night. To wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving. ~Kahlil Gibran

    CRUSH +2 : Ryan Reynolds ties with Matt Bomer of Chuck & White Collar - gosh his eyes..(I would have said Channing Tatum for fun - He is a BAMA boy! ;o) but I felt you just might hunt me down for that one...)

    You are now on my sidebar link on my blog! Southern Princess +3

    ReplyDelete
  16. All signed up, and I will post the link back to you in tomorrow's blog.

    Favorite love quote: Don't really have one. I prefer improvised words fro the heart in the moment.

    Crush: I worked with actors for years; don't get crushes on them. My "crush" is the man in my life who believe in genuine partnership.

    ReplyDelete
  17. My fave cheesy pick-up line:

    I wish I could rearrange the alphabet so "I" could be next to "U."

    And my secret crushes are Owen from Just Listen, Jack from LOST, and--OMG, I don't even care what you people say about me--Jacob (in the book, not the movie).

    Now, I am off to mention you and your lovely contest all over the Intewebs!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE THIS IDEA! So. Here's my BIGGEST CRUSH EVER: Ryan Reynolds. I love him. LOVE.

    Favorite pick-up line? Clearly the one I vlogged about... The guy picking me up because I like to read. WINNER :-) How To Hit On a Writer

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey!

    This contest looks awesome! :)

    ~Ella

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ooh, I love this contest!

    "I would rather spend one lifetime with you than face all the ages of this world alone."
    From The Lord of the Rings

    Of course, I have a huge crush on my hubby:) But my biggest celebrity crush would have to be Hugh Jackman.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Okay. One funny and one teary.

    From the first season of Buffy the Vampire Slayer when an attraction is just starting to spark between her and Angel, who loaned her his sexy leather jacket.

    Buffy: Well, anyway, you can have your jacket back.

    Angel: It looks better on you.

    (He runs his hand along the collar of the jacket she is still wearing. There's an intense moment and then he leaves.)

    Buffy: Oh, boy...

    And from the late Jeff Buckley's "Lover, You Should've Come Over."

    It's never over, my kingdom for a kiss upon her shoulder
    It's never over, all my riches for her smiles when I slept so soft against her
    It's never over, all my blood for the sweetness of her laughter
    It's never over, she's the tear that hangs inside my soul forever

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats on the 200+ followers! I have seen your blog's name everywhere and only now have I burrowed into it. I'm glad that I did.

    My favourite quote on love would have to be:

    There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

    I think it is so true and so charming and can be applied to any kind of love.

    My swoon-worthy crush? For a while now - and he is staring back at me from my desktop wallpaper with his gorgeous, tantalizing eyes - it has been Zachary Quinto and the charismatic, enigmatic, psychopathic character, Sylar he plays on Heroes. Although I did see him for the first time only just recently in Star Trek and well...♥

    *is now full of squee*

    I don't have a twitter account but I will be more than keen to mention Loveapalooza in my next blog entry! =D

    Congrats once again - and happy Loveapalooza!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. My contribution to mix:

    And, in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make. The Beatles.

    I have linked your blog on mine in a side-bar.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fun, fun, fun! I almost missed this. I'll be sure to tweet and add you to my sidebar. Not sure if I'll get a chance to blog about it before Sunday though as I have scheduled blog posts already for our short story contest. Great contest, Karen!

    Okay, first, my biggest crushes...and yes, it's crushes, plural. I'm worldly like that. Of course, Gerard Butler. He's total mancake, and Scottish, which makes him swoon worthy. I also have a bit of a thing for Sam Worthington (but that could be Avatar mania), Bradley Cooper, and sometimes Eddie Norton. Oh, and Clive Owen.

    Now, for the lovey dovey quote...in honor of my Gerard:

    Robert Burns to Jean Amour

    Summer 1784
    Mauchline, Scotland

    Dear Madam,

    The passion of love has need to be productive of much delight; as where it takes thorough posession of the man, it almost unfits him for anything else.
    The lover who is certain of an equal return of affection, is surely the happiest of men; but he who is a prey to the horrors of anxiety and dreaded disappointment, is a being whose situation is by no means enviable.
    Of this, my present experience gives me much proof.
    To me, amusement seems impertinent, and business intrusion, while you alone engross every faculty of my mind.
    May I request you to drop me a line, to inform me when I may wait upon you?
    For pity's sake, do; and let me have it soon.
    In the meantime allow me, in all the artless sincerity of truth, to assure you that I truly am,
    my dearest Madam,
    your ardent lover, and devoted humble servant



    Letter writing is a lost art....

    ReplyDelete
  25. ♥I have mentioned your wonderful contest in my blog post for today.♥

    ReplyDelete
  26. "Did you fart? Because you just blew me away."

    If a guy said that to me, I would proceed to laugh my ass off, and then I would walk away. But I would always remember meeting him because of it. Points for originality and crudeness.

    As for the name of my crush... that would be Dante. And Damien. And Keith. And Megan Fox... And... do I get extra points for not being overly picky? XD

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wonderful contest, Karen!

    ~ +1 I'm good with Mr. Linky

    ~ +2 my quote (it's the first one I thought of, so I'm running with it): "In all the world there's not, a more congenial spot, for happily-ever-aftering than here... in... Camelot."

    ~ +2 My swoon-worthy crush is Denzel Washington - I've been in love with him for years! :-)

    ~ +3 I have a sidebar post on my blog linking to Laurel's blogefest round-up, including yours. :-)

    +8 total Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh, I just had to join in this, so I could post a pickup line and my crushes.

    I was doing a skit where I was supposed to get hit on by some guy, and he went off script; licked his finger, touched my pants and said, "Can I help you out of those wet clothes?" I stared at him for a good minute before I could collect myself.

    Swoon-worthy crush? Fred Astaire is tops! Gene Kelly is second; third is Peter O'Toole; and fourth on the list is Prince Eric. From the Little Mermaid.

    PS--cute blog! I'm excited to look around.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

GRASPING AT ETERNITY SOUNDTRACK


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Blog Archive

Write. Read. Imagine. Create. Learn. Love. Live. Repeat.