Wednesday, December 9, 2009

A Word About Awards

Time to say thank you to a few gals for blog awards I recently received.

The Honest Scrap Award was presented to me three times within one week. See, it pays to be honest.

Thank you to Karen Denise at I'm Always Write. #1 she has one of the greatest names in the world. #2 She lives in the town I grew up in. Well, okay the zipcodes are one digit off because our towns sit side by side, but still. I know the roads she travels because I grew up traveling them myself. Now, we share a journey down the roads of writing and I love reading her blog.

AND to Victoria S. the aspiring author of AMBER. Victoria always makes me a little mad because she posts AMAZING photos that I wish I would have found first. Then I forgive her because she posts fun, interesting stuff. We would probably love everything each other writes because we seem to have the same tastes and mind set. Oh, and she has great music on her player. I leave her page up while I'm blogging just so I can hear all her good song choices.

AND last but not least, to Tricia O'Brien at Talespinning. Tricia and I are both writing about mermaids. She was a great cheerleader for me during NaNo, and her blog always has such great photography and thought provoking posts. I figure in a couple years Tricia and I will be on a book signing tour together when the Mermaid craze hits with fury. :)

The wonderful gals I'm awarding the Honest Scrap Award to are:

Ellie Kings at Matters of the Heart
and
Joanne Fritz at My Brain on Books


The other award I received was The Superior Scribbler award from Frankie Diane Mallis at Frankie Writes.
Frankie's blog never fails to make me smile. She has a potpourri of writing advice, funny videos, talented artist friends who she loves and shows support for, AND she made a deal with the universe. I get daily notes from the universe, so I think it's cool that people are making deals with my note writer. :)

(For those of you who are wondering about my sanity because of that daily notes comments, go check out TUT.com and sign up to receive your own notes. They are very inspiring.)

I'd like to award The Superior Scribbler award to:

Bethany Mattingly at ASPIRATIONS of a writer and agriculture lover.
and
Aubrie Dionne at Author, Flutist, Teacher.

Any person I have created a link for is worth checking out because they all some great insight or opinions to offer. Go check them out!

14 comments:

  1. I get those notes too! I LOVE them!!! I read them everyday and they always make me smile!!! :-) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the awesome words, Karen! I have to tell you I was browsing a magazine and saw an ad featuring Paris Hilton in a sequined mermaid tale. Could it be a sign? Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the award and kind words!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay Amanda, I discovered you through Frankie's blog and can I just say I LOVE your blog. Especially the side post (FULL MOON). You crack me up and also make me yearn to hear your stories.
    I am adding you to my blogroll right now! lol

    I look forward to reading more.

    Congrats on the award!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for your awards, you deserve them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the shout! Well, it just so happens that I leave your blog open as well, just to listen to your player!

    Congrats on your awards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! You're definitely doing something right!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awe Karen, (and yes, you have a lovely name) such nice words about me. I go to the Brink Bodies in Perry Hall, right off of Belair Road, Hon. I'm going to check out all the lovely blogs you suggested!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh great, I got the honest crap award, oops, scrap. lol Thanks Karen, you shouldn't have! :) You're right, I guess it pays to be honest! Sending you love! Congrats on your awards. Well deserved. xo

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

GRASPING AT ETERNITY SOUNDTRACK


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Blog Archive

Write. Read. Imagine. Create. Learn. Love. Live. Repeat.