Friday, November 19, 2010

And The Winner Is...

Finally, my teddy bear has been returned (a little shaken up, but physically unharmed) so I can announce the winner of my signed copy of Paolo Bacigalupi's SHIP BREAKER. Well, not MY copy. I'm keeping my personalized one for myself and will never ever give it away. But the winner of the OTHER signed copy is...

Matthew Rush!!!One of the only guy's I've ever seen pull off the I-ooze-coolness-even-with-a-cig-hanging-outta-my-mouth look. He even left a really cool comment that would be a great plug for the book and I feel it's worth quoting:
Wow. What an amazing premise. Sounds dystopian, and fantastic and beautifully romantic all at once. Just the idea of a lovely old wooden ship suddenly showing up in this down trodden world of beached steel behemoths drew me in instantly.
So congratulations to Matthew! And also, special thanks to Ms. Honey Hostage--er, I mean, Carol Valdez Miller for plugging my contest and boosting my followers to over 600. And WELCOME to all the new friends who found me through Carol's blog. I'm sorry I didn't have 50 of these books to give away because I'd love to give everyone a copy. BUT, she is giving away SHIP BREAKER and some other great titles, so head over there and enter if you haven't already.

Thanks to everyone who commented and entered. Happy Friday!

23 comments:

  1. Way to go Matt! I just bought this book and am looking forward to reading it. :)

    Angela @ The Bookshelf Muse

    ReplyDelete
  2. You lucky rebel, Matt! Thanks for holding the contest, Karen, and Happy Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for the teddy bear. :)

    And CONGRATS to Matt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo, nice job Matt! You're right too, he does look pretty dang cool in that pic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa, no way! I've been wanting this book so damn bad! I've gotta email Carolina and let her know to pass me over in case I win over there too, not that that would ever happy to me, I'm just not that lucky.

    Thanks everybody, and yes, I WAS REALLY COOL (like 12 years ago when that rebel without a clue photo was taken).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to Matthew and his cool sexy cigarette self.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, so happy Matt won! I know he'll love the book. That was a great description of SHIP BREAKER!

    And thanks, sweets! That was such a sweet mention! Happy to send new friends you way ;) They'll love you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to Matt! At first I thought that picture was of some celebrity who I didn't know...
    have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Neat! Congrats, Matthew. And Amanda, I don't blame you for keeping the signed copy for yourself. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooh congrats Matthew!! You're gonna LOVE it :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely; congrats to Matthew. The comment really does make me want to read the book. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's next on my TBR list. Congrats Matt!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, I missed the contest, but found a great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats, Matthew! And I'll be on the lookout for this novel.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your blog is really cool! I like the quote, and I just noticed your storybook bedspread ad on the side. I know what I'll be getting my cousin for christmas...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just came back by to grab a link to your blog while I review this novel this morning and wow Karen, I just have to say I love the new layout!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

GRASPING AT ETERNITY SOUNDTRACK


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Blog Archive

Write. Read. Imagine. Create. Learn. Love. Live. Repeat.