Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Getting To Know You--And Me

My last post, Got Questions?, gave fellow bloggers the chance to ask me questions. I'm hopped up on antibiotics and cold meds today, so forgive the lack of creativity and/or spelling and grammar errors. My head feels like it's filled with clouds and cobwebs. Okay, on we go...

Melissa: My characters are Elements because of the air, earth, fire, water concepts, but they are not the mythical Elementals like gnomes, undines, etc. More astrological and nature based. They look and act like real human beings, but they're gifted in lots of cool ways.
I am so jealous of your photographic memory. I can barely remember what I ate for dinner last night.

Susan: Come on down! You’re the next contestant on…just kidding. I’m a bit of a game show fan myself. And yes I am currently working on another project about Merfolk--along with some other underwater creatures. I’m very excited about my new aqua crew.

Jessica:
I like it here (Florida) very much. I love having the beaches and bay on either side of me. I don’t think I’d ever move back to Baltimore. There is too much of the world I still want to see and experience. My job is okay, but I’d much rather be writing and traveling the world! You should visit Panama sometime. You could practice your Spanish and it’s an amazing country.

Natalie: A wired jaw huh? You’ve given me an idea for my new diet! Dancing. Yes, when I was little I thought for sure I‘d be a professional dancer at Disney World or on Broadway. It never happened, but I did take many years of classes and went to a high school for the arts and majored in dance. The studio where I currently take classes is awesome and many times throughout the year we have guest choreographers from shows like So You Think You Can Dance.

Becca- I’m so sorry I made your Q eyes cry. Yes, I will send you the rest of my story so you can see how it ends.

Patti
- Yes, I’ve already written a good bit of book 2 of The Kindrily, and a tiny bit of book 3. I have LOTS of ideas for my star-written crew. That’s so neat about your voice. Ever thought of doing voice overs for movies or cartoons? I always thought that would be a fun career.

Lady Glam: My favorite food? That’s a tough one because I love so many. Chocolate and peanut butter are at the very top of the list and yes, I eat both of them more often than I should. Though I do love cashews too!

Andrew: Welcome! Thanks for saying hello. The Kindrily was definitely an obsession. Eating and sleeping took a back burner while I wrote it. Editing and revising took another few months, but I slowly learned to balance real life with my writing life. There is no rhyme or reason to when and how much I write. When ideas hit me I write. 5 minutes, 5 hours, 5 days, however long it takes. I’m not one of those “sit and write an hour a day” kind of people. I’ve never been that disciplined.
London is one of my top places I’d like to visit. I’m a bit envious that you’ve lived there.

Tira: Your question ties in nicely with my last comment. My favorite place so far is either Hawaii or Panama. I loved them both. Places Id love to go: England, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Spain, Greece, Egypt, the list goes on and on. India is on my list too. I have a dear friend who lives there and I’d love to go visit her. I assume you love it since you’ve been so many times.

Ellie: Ooooh my favorite white wine is Bukettraube, from South Africa. The smell alone is pure heaven. I’m by no means a wine connoisseur, but I ordered this wine at JIKO restaurant in Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge and it is by far the best I’ve ever had. I’d order it by the case if I could afford it.

Sara: Thank you so much for my award!

Georgina: Your question was my favorite! I met my M N M’s (aka my uber talented, beautiful-inside-and-out, extraordinary league of ladies) via the web. Megan started a blog called Word Stringers and invited all writers to join. At first quite a few people did, but over time most members fell away and we realized the four of us were the main people posting, commenting, and supporting each other. I swear I have come to love those gals like they’re my sisters (and I don’t have any sisters so it’s a nice addition to the family!) We still occasionally post to our private blog just for fun, but mainly we email back and forth all day. My “reply all” button has been working overtime since the day we all banned together, and I wouldn’t have it any other way.
Sigh. I have heard the rumors about Michael but I choose to ignore them. Plus Reid is still my number 1 pick for future husband. ;)

Thanks to everyone who participated in my little getting to know you session. I loved learning fun facts about all of you.

7 comments:

  1. Yeah, I'm not supposed to be reading blogs. But I just had to saw AWWW to the sisters comment. I feel the same way--only I talk to you girls more often then I talk to my real sisters. Take care of yourself today and feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. It's nice to get to know you better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You answered my question! I know you said you were going to but for some reason I didn't think you would. That's really cool, about it being astrologically based. I really want you to get published because I'm so intrigued by the idea of your book. I want to read it!

    If it makes you feel any better - I have a lot of really useless information up there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is neat stuff! I love getting to know people, even more when I don't have to go out in the cold. Brrr... it's freezing here (Ohio) Then again I have poor circulation. :(
    Thanks for the heads-up on the wine! Will try it soon. Feel better and get some good rest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry that I missed your last post. So many wonderful insights here, Karen. Thank you for sharing; I feel as though I know you so much better. Hope you're feeling well soon. Love & light. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great getting to know you exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to visit Panama. *wistful sigh*

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

GRASPING AT ETERNITY SOUNDTRACK


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Blog Archive

Write. Read. Imagine. Create. Learn. Love. Live. Repeat.