Thursday, September 24, 2009

Music of My Soul

Igot tagged the other day by my kick butt beta buddy Marie. She has an awesome (and funny) blog called Booknapped. If you don't follow it, you're missing out. The girl has moxie. In more ways than one. ;)

Now, to complete the task given to me by a virtual "tag you're it." I must list 7 of my favorite songs. As Marie stated on her blog, this task is nearly impossible for me. I have SO many great songs in my jukebox of a brain. Music moves me. It feeds my soul. Stirs my emotions. Rocks my world. Makes me dance. Inspires me.

Here are 7 that touched me and stayed with me. Trust me, there are 818 more I'd like to add to the list. But I never get tired of hearing any of these songs. And like most lyrics, I've found a deep personal meaning in them. They are in no particular order. I love them all for different reasons. Without further ado...

32 Flavors- Ani Difranco
“Squint your eyes and look closer
I'm not between you and your ambition
I am a poster girl with no poster
I am thirty-two flavors and then some.”

Sound of Pulling Heaven Down- Blue October

“So rest assured I have the key to every opening
To every wishing well that's deep enough to dream.”

Porcelain-Moby
"In my dreams I'm dying all the time
As I wake its kaleidoscopic mind"

Are You Out There-Dar Williams

"And when I turned your station on
You sounded more familiar than that party was"

Come Home-One Republic
“There’s someone I’ve been missing
I think that they could be
The better half of me
They’re in the wrong place trying to make it right”

Angels on the Moon- Thriving Ivory
“This is to one last day in the shadows
And to know a brothers love
This is to New York City angels
And the rivers of our blood
This is to all of us.”

Israel Kamakawiwo Ole' - Somewhere Over The Rainbow

“Somewhere over the rainbow bluebirds fly
And the dream that you dare to, why, oh why can't I?”

Now I must tag 7 people so we can share our love of music. I'm picking 7 different personalities because I like variety. And I'm hoping to learn about some new good music from all of them. (Follow all of them if you don't already. They're fabulous!) My lucky seven are:

Becca Brown
Jenn Johansson
Katie Salidas
Tess Hilmo
Jessica Nelson
Lady Glamis
Susan Mills

14 comments:

  1. Oh I LOVE 32 Flavors .. but I heard the version by Alana Davis before I heard Ani DiFranco's so I'm more partial to that version. Great song! And I played that version of "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" at my wedding ... gorgeous. Some great and interesting choices you have there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been tagged! Okay, I'll have to think about this. I can think of my two very favorite songs straight up, but the other five will require more consideration...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for tagging me. I love music. I'll have to think about my favorites. I auto posted for this week, so I'll pass it on Monday. Thanks again. This is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so jealous of you musically inspired people! Seriously, don't take that for granted.
    I was tagged by Marie and started putting something together but it just didn't work. I have no good songs for inspiration. Hopefully I'll find some eventually so I can complete the tag!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the same problem as Megan. I like music but it isn't a source of inspiration for me. I tried to think of something for Marie's tag too and failed. So way to keep things going Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with Megan and Natalie--I'm musically inclined but don't really use it for inspiration. That seems so sad!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post and wonderful blogging fun!

    Blessings to you...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I've never heard of any of those groups except One Republic. *cringing*
    Thanks for tagging me! I'll be playing soon.... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhg Jess! Are you cringing cuz you don't like my One Republic boys? They have such great lyrics!

    This past week I've heard at least 10 songs and thought "I should have listed that on my blog." Seriously, I might be a music junkie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun tag! I'll see if I can get something up this coming week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't know if I could narrow it down to just seven and it also depends on the week. I'll have to check those songs out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh... this will be fun--must think it over. :) Great picks by the way! I love Blue October

    ReplyDelete
  13. Karen,

    I want to revamp my post. All of my favorite songs have changed since last week. A good song makes me feel all light and magical, just like a good book. It can get me motivated, depress me, whatever.

    Thanks for taking my challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Music is very valuable in life, which is something we can not deny, it helps the mind relax after every tiring work stress. I usually install my favorite songs as ring tones for my phone. You can also visit the website to listen and download ring tones to your phone, everything is quality and free. I hope you enjoy:https://ringtonesmobile.net/

    Here are the top 5 ringtones for the phone:
    - Harry potter ringtone - ringtonesmobile
    - Rick and morty ringtone - ringtonesmobile
    - Evil morty ringtone - ringtonesmobile
    - Hello moto ringtone - ringtonesmobile
    - Lion king ringtone - ringtonesmobile

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

GRASPING AT ETERNITY SOUNDTRACK


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Blog Archive

Write. Read. Imagine. Create. Learn. Love. Live. Repeat.