Saturday, May 23, 2009

LOVABLE HEROES

I started rereading The Kindrily last night to see if I could make some "get to the action quicker" changes in the beginning. It's been a couple weeks since I've read it. I fell in love all over again.
I'm a song junkie. My love of music and lyrics is hard wired into my soul. As I was reading a Nathan scene (my oh-so-lovable secondary protagonist) the old David Crosby song HERO played in my head over and over. I don't know if it was the song or Nathan that gave me goosebumps but a few lines from that oldie but goody summarize my love for my book and Nathan. So I thought I'd share.

"It was one of those great stories that you can't put down at night
The hero knew what he had to do and he wasn't afraid to fight...

And the reason that she loved him
Was the reason I loved him too
And he never wondered what was right or wrong
He just knew, he just knew."


Sigh. Such a great song. What about you? Do you have certain songs that relate to or inspire your writing?

PS...Yes that's what Nathan looks like. Different tattoo but he could easily be thought of as an angel so it works :)

5 comments:

  1. Finally, I can comment. Blogger kept kicking me off yesterday. I first wanted to say congrats on all the winning! Go buy a lottery ticket, girl :)

    And, yes - I am a song junkie as well. I enjoy all kinds of music - one of which is old, southern gospel music. My love affair with The Temptations is what partially inspired my current manuscript. And, since most of those songs are in the public domain, I was able to use them in the novel. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting. :D I've heard a lot of people doing this. It seems like it would add a neat dimension to the story.

    I used to love music--wove it in through my entire day. Now, with four children, I can't write with music going. It doesn't allow me to sink into the Story Place, if that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! I love the photography in your blog! Such amazing images! There are a lot of scenes and/or story lines in my novels that were born from a song. I posted about song lyrics a few days ago. Not only does music inspires me with ideas, but it keeps me going with my writing.
    One of my favorite songs right now is "If Today Was Your Last Day," by Nickelback. Every time I remember the words, I analyze what I am doing. The song has helped me have a better perspective on life.
    Great blog and I'm really happy to be part of the online crit group. Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the kind words too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picture of the guy with the wings! And great song. I mostly use music as background noise to write, but maybe I'm going to have to start listening to the lyrics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let me clarify: I can't listen to music with lyrics WHILE writing. It only acts as inspiration. Or it plays in my head like the soundtrack of a scene I'm writing. It would be way too distracting to have someone singing while I'm creating. :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

GRASPING AT ETERNITY SOUNDTRACK


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Blog Archive

Write. Read. Imagine. Create. Learn. Love. Live. Repeat.